Because the 14Fathoms Bid List and Scope Sheet are built using Excel, there are some changes we recommend to optimize the user-experience. Please follow the steps below, which should take less than 5 minutes to complete, and let us know if you run into any issues.
Important Note: These settings are computer-specific, so if you get, or are working from, a different computer, you should verify these settings. Once they are made they will remain constant for that computer.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration (5 steps): https://www.14fathoms.com/ufaqs/disable-hardware-acceleration/
- Disable ALL COM add-ins (6 steps): https://www.14fathoms.com/ufaqs/disable-3rd-party-add-ins/
Note: Disabling the add-ins doesn’t uninstall them from your computer or prevent you from using the PDF printer or cloud storage. It just removes the toolbar from the Excel menu. Add-ins can always be re-enabled if you find that you need them.
- Adjust these Advanced Settings in the 14Fathoms Product:
- Bid List: Nothing is needed.
- Scope Sheet:
- From the Scope Sheet toolbar (A) click “About” (B)
- Click “Advanced Settings…” text (C)
- Make sure the default calc mode is set to “Auto” and “Don’t change calc…” is NOT checked (D)
- Match the checked items in the yellow box
- If saving doesn’t take too long, you can opt to save a backup copy of your file every save (E). Otherwise, just check “Save backup version on file close only”
- Choose your default PDF printer (F)
- When complete, click “Save Changes & Close” (G)