Your company should have one Master template for the product(s) you use (the Bid List and/or Scope Sheet). Changes made on this Master template will be the basis for all projects created going forward. There are also some global company settings that can only be changed while in the Master template. Here are the steps to enter the Master Scope Sheet template. The Master Bid list steps are nearly identical so if you have questions, please contact us.
- Open your company’s Master Scope Sheet template.
- On the “Create a new scope sheet” screen, click “Edit Master Scope Sheet Template” at the bottom:
- Type in your company’s master password. If you don’t know this, contact the person listed. If they don’t know it, contact 14Fathoms.
- Click “Open Master”. You are now in the Master Scope Sheet for your company.
- Make the edits to the Master file, save, and close the file as you normally would.
Set the Master Scope Sheet file location to prevent multiple Masters from being created at your company. Double click the Set Location button to save the current files location. If a user moves the Master and attempts to use it, they will be notified that they are using the wrong Master.
Allow editing of trade CSI code list in master mode only: If CSI codes should only be added, edited, or removed in Master Scope Sheet mode, change this to true. If false, anyone at your company can make changes to your company’s list of CSI trade divisions from within their scope sheet file. See this FAQ on how to add, edit, or delete a CSI.
Allow editing of boilerplate scope in master mode only: If boilerplate items should only be added, edited, or removed while in Master Scope Sheet Template mode, select True. If anyone at your company can edit boilerplate scope, set to False.
Double Click to Edit Super User & PW: Edit your company’s Super User contact information or Master Password.
- Click the “Bid List Setup” button in the Bid List Tools toolbar.
- Click “Master Bid List Setup” button.
- Make the desired changes:
- Set the Mater Bid List File Location to prevent multiple Masters from being created at your company. Click the Assign Location button to save the current files location. If a user moves the Master and attempts to use it, they will be notified that they are using the wrong Master.
- Edit the Master Bid List super user contact information or the password to open the Master Template.
- Check Add/Edit CSI Codes in Master Mode only if your company wants to limit who can edit the list of trades. If checked, changes can only be made while in Master Bid List Template mode. If unchecked anyone can add, edit, or delete trade divisions from their project bid list.