How to Disable Add-ins
Note: Disabling add-ins doesn’t uninstall the program from your computer or prevent you from using the program (be it a PDF printer, cloud storage, takeoff software, etc). It just removes the toolbar from the Excel menu. Add-ins can always be re-enabled if you find that you need them. Most of the time, you don’t need them and they can make Excel faster and more stable.
- Open Excel.
- Click “File” then “Options”.
- In the Excel Options panel click “Add-Ins” (A).
- Go down to the “Manage” drop down (B), select “COM Add-ins” (C), and click “Go…”.
- Uncheck all the add-ins to disable them and click “OK”.
- Important: After clicking “OK” close Excel completely and reopen it.
- Reopen the 14Fathoms product, enable macros, and use the file.